Monday, February 14, 2011

Designer Dupes



Balenciaga, Giant City Silver, $1795

I love this Balenciaga bag--a favorite of the Kardashian girls and other celebrities. However, I could never--and would never--pay over $1000 for a purse.



Shop Suey Boutique (an L.A. based store) has a ton of celebrity inspired purses at reasonable prices--many of their bags are $58 or less. Their Jocelyn Satchel is basically a dupe of the Balenciaga Bag. It also comes in several colors, such as the pretty plum above (yes, it is available in black).


N.Y.L.A. Shonda Clog Boot, $160

Okay, these aren't exactly designer shoes, but I've seen a ton of these style boots and I still wouldn't pay $160 for them. Besides, I saw these and knew I had purchased my own for a fraction of the price! Note: You can currently get these on sale at dsw for $59.94.


Spring Shoes' Lebaugh boot boasts the same chunky wood heel and lace-up style, but I think the hardware detailing and straps make it an even cuter option. I have these myself and absolutely love them. They're comfortable and stylish, and just like the NYLA boot available in black or brown. I paid $40 for mine, but they're on sale now for $10 less!


I personally am a fan of Steve Madden and see any purchase there as an investment. However, I don't have the kind of money to spend $80-$200 every time I want a new pair of shoes. I've made several purchases from Urban Original and have found their shoes to be of the best quality for the buck (in comparison, amiclubwear has cheap shoes but their quality is pretty cheap, too). The nude pump is a wardrobe staple for any girl, especially as spring approaches. The Steve Madden Caryssa Pump is the quintessential platform pump, but at $89.95 it is a bit steep.

The Nicole Patent Round Toe pump by Urban Original has the same high heel, platform and glossy nude finish for a fraction of the cost. Reading through the reviews, the shoe seems to please in person as well, and at $21.20, you can't really go wrong.

1 comment:

  1. thanks for visiting my blog, I followed you and I love being frugal and getting good deals in anything but mostly fashion, makeup and kitchen gadgets...thanks for the tip on this store, I love purses also!

    ReplyDelete